We all have those positive affirmations that we live by to get us through tough times that can sometimes get us down. Sometimes you don’t even know it’s a life motto but it really is! I have a few I made myself along with some really powerful ones that I like to repeat to myself when I’m not myself or when something hasn’t gone my way.
Life is full of teaching moments and I’ve learned growing up to always work hard, never expect things to happen for me automatically and to appreciate those not so wonderful times.
I made a promise to myself that when I became an adult, I’d strive to be happy, go out of my way to stay positive and count my blessings because there are always people who have it worst than I do. Life isn’t about me; It’s about how I’m used to inspire other people to be the best that they can be too! Let me make it clear that I’m NOT always positive. I have moments when I’m just in a negative slump and want to crawl under a rock however, I always try to stop myself and think: “what are some of the things that could have happened and didn’t?” I’ve trained myself to immediately stop that negative flow and it truly helps me in my day-to-day life!
THE 5 POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS THAT GOT ME THROUGH
- I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions – I have people coming at me on a daily basis. I used to get so upset and try to figure out WHY they felt the need to say such hurtful things. Then, I realized… It’s not me! The way I respond shares the type of person I am. I do have a hard exterior and I do have a no bull-shit attitude. My friends and family know where I stand and I’m not afraid to stand up for myself. However, Internet trolls only do it because they think it’s funny. So, Instead of trying to fix myself from each comment, I stop, laugh and move on. I don’t even deal with it anymore.
- I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful – Yes, It could come off as conceded. I’ve heard that about myself too. But I can’t help that I was born to be confident in my abilities and talents. That’s like making me apologize for being who I am. I refuse! If that’s something you cannot accept, we are not meant to ride together. You must be confident in yourself for others who are like you so see that and spark that same confidence in themselves. Some will get it, some won’t.
- Stay Humble, Stay Hungry, Be Alpha – Growing up I was told Being an Alpha Female was a horrible thing. They never get married, they’re always bitches and they’ll always make others feel inferior. I disagree, I’m married, Happy, Successful, I have friends and I’m not always difficult to deal with. The goal is to find people who balance you. Two people of the same personality will always clash and no one will feel inferior unless they allow themselves to feel it. If you are a strong woman, be it. You’ll attract the right person/people in your life who are meant to be there. And for the ones who can’t hang, wish them well and hope they find people who can be around them! We are different! There is nothing wrong with that.
- My future is an ideal projection of what I envision now – I am a big dreamer. I love chasing my dreams, but catching them is much better. I want anyone and everyone who is around me to believe they can achieve and do anything and everything. It’s never too late, you are worth it and If you have faith in yourself, you will accomplish everything!
- My efforts are being supported by the universe; my dreams manifest into reality before my eyes – What you believe is what you’ll become. If you believe you are going to be successful to your standards, you will! If you believe that you’ll always stay in the same rotation of life, you will. Don’t cheat yourself by thinking negative about yourself. Being reasonable is one thing but we want to be extraordinary. When someone looks at you, I want them to see themselves in you. I have a ton of people I look up to for different reasons and when I look at them and see them soar, I want to soar! It motivates me, pushes me and forces me to evolve every single day.
What are some of the affirmations you live by? How do they help you and what are some things In your life that have challenged you and helped you grow as a person? Leave a comment below and share your favorites! You never know who is going through a rough time and needs to hear the things that get you through! Always evolve, always believe and never give up. You’ve got this! Want to see more lifestyle posts? Visit my Lifestyle section for some evolving yourself advice! You can also get to know me in my lifestyle playlist here