Staying on track during the holidays can be a huge challenge. We are tempted with all the delicious food from thanksgiving and then we stay in this period where we get too busy to workout and just continue to eat. (Well, that’s me!) Lucky for me, I can bounce back to my normal routine featuring workouts/eating healthy, pretty quickly! I’m sharing my 5 Tips to Stay on Track For The Holiday Season! I’m not going to lie, I did eat on thanksgiving but I learned how to use portion control and tried to stay as active as possible.
Getting myself to bounce back is a process and it wasn’t like that a few years ago. I had to train my body to literally crave healthy foods by doing my Back on Track routine that has really worked well for me. This isn’t a proven way to get back into it and I’m not a professional or an expert in nutrition however, I do a lot research; and I mean, a lot. I’ve tried a ton of methods and these just stuck with me and I’ve been doing it ever since!
5 Tips to Stay on Track For The Holiday Season
- Detox is my first step. I have an asian brand Tea I picked up from my local oriental store and when I say it works, lets just say, you must stay home and have nothing to do. I recommend using something like this on a weekend. I also love to follow-up with Fit tea (Don’t worry, This post isn’t sponsored however I did do a review on my youtube channel that was here) after doing a master cleanse/detox, I feel like I got a ton of toxins and things out of my system. Find a Tea that does this and don’t forget to speak to your physician before taking anything.
- Grocery Shop for the correct things! If you have healthy snacks like fruit, veggies and other items in your fridge and pantry, you’ll be more tempted to eat them. This is my second tip to getting back on track.
- Meal Prep is another favorite way to eat healthy during the week. Cook everything at once on a Sunday (Recommended) and potion it out. Keep it in your fridge and all you’ll do is just grab it, heat it and eat it!
- Drink a TON of water. That’s right, you hear every fitness expert about it. Water helps cleanse the palette and keeps you from bloating. I like to use water bottles that can hold a huge amount of water. I try to drink at least 5 of these every day. I’m not really a fan of water, so I like to add lemon, fruit and infuse it!
- Commit to working out at least twice a week. I know, I know! We’re busy and don’t have the time. I have slacked on the hardcore workouts. I still continued light cardio, but it wasn’t my best. We all sometimes go through it and that’s okay!
Hopefully some of my tips will make it into your routine and remember, staying fit is a lifestyle. It takes a lot of time and effort. Some get it immediately and some (Me) struggle every so often. That’s what keeps you motivated, focused and persistent. Check out my other fitness tips here and visit my youtube channel for healthy recipe options and more! Let’s get it in!