School is approaching for many students here in the East coast; I have the perfect makeup tutorial to share, that’ll help you nail this years hottest makeup trends!
Contouring, strobing and matte lips are all the rage this season but sometimes you don’t have much time to get ready and spend hours on your makeup. (Unless, you wakeup super early and I’m not about that life) Just because summer is over doesn’t mean you can’t rock glowing skin and a signature eye look using the perfect eyeshadow palette!
HOW TO NAIL THE BACK TO SCHOOL MAKEUP TREND:
First, you need to decide how much time you’ll have after showering and picking out the perfect outfit. I was the girl who selected mine the night before, but not everyone is like me so once you’ve decided, figure out what you want to focus your time on. Have a makeup bag ready with all your beauty essentials on your counter top for easy access!
SKIN | EYES | GLOW | MATTE
- Using a BB cream or tinted moisturizer, even out your skin and cover up any blemishes or redness. You can also use color correcting to completely cancel out skin imperfections, but the bb cream I like to use has full coverage with a light weight feel and I skip that process entirely.
- Set your makeup using a good setting powder so your bb cream doesn’t move around throughout the day. The setting powder I love to use is the Laura Mercier Translucent powder but you can use others to fit your needs.
- Add dimension to your face by using a contour kit that includes powders or creams for a quick and easy sculpt. Follow up with a little blush for a healthy flushed look.
- Use an eyeshadow palette that has a lot of color pay off and minimal fall out. The COVERGIRL Goldens eyeshadow palette is a great one to try because it has all of that and more!
- Add mascara and liner. Smudge the eyeliner and use a brown pencil like this one here to define the eyes for daytime wear.
- Fill in your brows quickly for an effortless look, I like unruly/bushy brows that look full and natural. (This varies by individuals)
- Add Katy Kat Lipstick in Spynx for a soft matte look and avoid lipstick on your teeth and follow up with your favorite highlighter like mine shown here.
- Sprits setting spray and lock in that glam for a long-lasting makeup look and you are complete!
Knock out the trending makeup look for everyday or just on the first day. No matter what you do, own it and have a great school year! Share your favorite makeup tips and tricks for a shout-out if I try them out and love them! Don’t forget to sign up for our email list for exclusive videos, posts and a whole lot more! #AlphaBabeNation
BACK TO SCHOOL MAKEUP TUTORIAL (VIDEO)
This post Is in partnership with COVERGIRL. I am apart of the COVERGIRL 2016 Crew and I am being compensated for the video used in this post.