I get hair questions on youtube and social media all the time! I also got a request to do my hair routine so I decided to share all of my tips, and my exact routine. Although the products change, the routine itself stays the same! You can watch that video here for more on the real routine.
I also wanted to discuss some of the questions I get asked about my hair too! These are a compilation of all the comments/tweets so that way you know exactly how I deal with my hair, and bookmark/save this post for future reference! Let’s get started!
- Do you wear hair extensions? – No, I’ve never worn hair extensions and I don’t feel like I need them because I have enough hair to cover fullness, volume and style.
- Do you Straighten your hair everyday? – I don’t. That pretty damaging to your hair and I don’t recommend doing it. I straighten my hair or curl it once a week and since I use good hair tools, it stays.
- How often do you wash your hair? – 2-3 times a week depending on what I’m doing. I try to wash it and go 3 days using dry shampoo and wash on the 4th day. But if I did a crazy Intense workout, I’ll wash it.
- Do you color or dye your hair? – I’ve colored, bleached and dyed my hair in my teenage years. It’s been about 4 years since I added highlights. Jet black is my natural hair color and sometimes I like to dye it blue-black for shine, but I haven’t in a long time.
- How often do you cut your hair? – I try to trim the ends every 3-6 months, or when my ends look like there is no coming back. But The last time I cut it was about 6 months ago.
- What hair masks do you use? – I use D.I.Y Hair masks I’ve seen on Pinterest, NuMe White Truffle Hair mask, Agave hair masks. But I only use them once a week before shampoo.
- How long is your hair? – It’s almost down to the top of my butt when it’s straightened, but if it’s natural, it’s to the middle of my back.
- Do you take supplements for hair growth? – Yes! I take Hairfinity and I have a full review I did a few months back that you can watch here. I also take Delta Labs Resvertrol which is for nails, but I feel like it’s helped my over all health of my hair.
- Why don’t you wear it in it’s natural state? – Because it’s a pain to deal with. It’s frizzy, thick and unmanageable. I do go weeks without styling to let it rest, but I like to keep it straight or curled with a curling wand.
- Will you ever cut your hair? – I’ve always wanted to, but either my parents have stopped me or I just never get the urge to really do it. Because of the texture, it might be more of a nightmare than a blessing and I’ve had long hair my entire life, so It could be insecurity, but I do want to try a short cut one day!
- What shampoos & Conditioners to you use to keep up shine? – I use the NuMe White Truffle Hair care line. It’s transformed my hair so much and has reduced the amount of fall out, took it from dull to super shiny and healthy looking! I recommend it to anyone who wants healthy hair!
- Do you plan on making you hair a lighter color? – In my teen years as I mentioned before, I used to bleach it, dye it and I really damaged my hair bad. After bringing my hair back to health, I’ve never really wanted to make it lighter. If I do, I’ll go back to a Professional once I find someone I trust Fully.
- Do you go to a Salon? – Nope. I’m so scared that the stylist won’t listen to what I want regardless if I bring in photographs of what I want and don’t want. My hair is a different texture and type so I need someone who knows how to work with it and won’t tell me I need to chop it all off. I trust no one but my mom with my hair and until I find someone worth taking the risk with, I’ll stick to just doing it myself!
- Do you have any tips that are worth a mention? – Be very careful with who you trust with your hair, research the products you use and make sure it won’t further damage it. If you cannot find answers, ask a professional stylist. It is hair, so It will grow back. But Treat it as if its like skin care because it can damaged quickly and could take a while to recover unless you have the funds to get it fixed immediately!
Other Hair posts:
Blow Dryer Review
LOreal Paris Product Review
My Signature Lioness Curls hair tutorial
Discount on NuMe Products: NuMe Products Site and code: SWEETKISSES for 40% off Sitewide + Free Shipping within the USA! Valid Until 3/31/15 (Must use link provided & code together for the discounts)