I get asked all the time how I tend to manage my personal, social and work life while being a mom, wife and individual. It ain’t easy! But how do make it look like I’ve got my shit together? I don’t know! I’ve always been good a working under pressure really well. Coming from a retail job and advancing to management positions, I guess you can say I’m just naturally good at it. That’s not to brag and say that I don’t ever have days when I can’t complete anything because I can’t. I’m not super woman or anything but I do feel like one when I get every single task completed on my list! Let me drop a little knowledge on you for a sec.
HERE’S HOW TO MANAGE LIFE USING 5 TIPS!
- I write EVERYTHING down and out the night before. Sometimes I forget, I’m human… but I do try to remember. I write the top priorities at the very top and leave the things that I can’t finish at the bottom. If you get overwhelmed, this is the best tip I can share. Writing things down for whatever reason makes it easier. This is why I’ve always used a planner and calendars everywhere.
- Wake up early. It sounds simple if you’re a morning person. I’m not. But, my daughter has to go to school and I’ve gotta get her lunch ready so, I set my alarm to get up at 5:00am Mon-Fri. I might have 2-3 more as back up but I mean, I have one.
- As soon as I get home, I put my phone down and get started. I usually work in batches for my videos and blog posts. Batching is the best thing ever! I film throughout the week and I’ll make sure I get minimum 3 videos completed. I’ll go through comments, past videos and chat with you all on social media to get ideas for videos and posts, but I use days to film, edit, write and post. (Note, this doesn’t always happen because… well, life!)
- By the time I get my top 3 priorities done, its time for me to get my daughter from school and I have to drive 20 minutes so that gives me a break. I usually try to remember to eat and take a shower. Some times I could be working and some days I’ll be cleaning. If I can use the 3 hours to get whatever it is done, I’ll be good and try to finish up after coming back home.
- I tell myself all the time to stop working past a certain time. Again, this varies. It’s hard when you work from home and you have a million things to finish yet, you tell yourself not too. I don’t follow this rule a lot but If I can get my work/cleaning done in those first three hours, I’ll be good for the rest of the evening.
SCHEDULING EVERYTHING OUT
I mentioned above about writing things down and using planners/calendars. These are the biggest life savers because I don’t have to cram so many tasks in one day. So, here how I use these important tools:
- Saturday & Sunday are usually day’s off. If you see posts or videos, It has been scheduled to post on the weekend. My video upload schedule is Tuesday, Thursday and sometimes Saturday so Monday, Wednesday and Friday are the days I schedule for tasks.
- Monday I use to get everything together for the week. If I need to film, that’s the day. If I need to take meetings, I try to do it on Monday after 9:00am.
- Social media is on an every day basis however, my Instagram feed has to be lit so I try to take my pictures on the weekends.
WHAT IF I HAVE NO HELP TO DO ANY OF THESE?
This was me last year. I had to juggle everything myself because my husband was busy making sure he made the bulk of the income and was going to Medical school. It was HARD. This was before my daughter even went to school. How did I do any of it? Everything I shared above and a prayer. It’s not impossible. There were a ton of long 4am sessions, I was tired. I was stressed out but I was happy making videos and blog posts so whenever I got a free second, that was my go time!
In conclusion, your dreams are just as important as anyone else’s. As women, we tend to put our dreams last but it’s okay to make it a priority when needed. You aren’t taking away from your children or husband. If you learn to schedule your life and work, everything will go smoother and you will be happier. Try your best and remember, you are an Alpha. We can do anything and everything!