So you probably clicked this post because you want to drop the weight; and still slay the gym with the hottest clothes and gear. I personally don’t worry about my appearance when I decide to workout, however, there are many women who do and there is nothing wrong with that. If it gets you to wake up early to run it out, do it. I’ll treat myself every now, and then with new equipment or workout clothes when I hit a milestone or goal. GIRL TALK MOMENT: Rocking cute clothes is great but make sure you walk in with confidence and determination. Focus on the goal and allow the extras to be just that. Extras! These things shouldn’t be the highlight of what you’ve worked hard for.
I invest in clothes that are durable, breathable and won’t restrict me from completing my circuit so I always try them on before they come home with me.
When purchasing gear like weights, ab rollers or resistance bands, I don’t skip out on the name brands because those will last me longer in time. Track your progress with a fit tracker and have fun!
Recently, I picked up a 15lb kettlebell and ab roller. You can check my favorites video for more reasons why I wanted those and If you want to see a few workout routines, checkout my fitness and lifestyle playlist.
LOOK CUTE AT THE GYM WITH THESE
Here’s a quick little guide on how to look for durable yet cute clothes.
- Do a few lunges and squats in pants or shorts. If you find yourself adjusting or fixing yourself, try a different size or style.
- When choosing a top or sports bra, lift your arms. Do a few jumping jacks to be sure everything stays in place.
- When searching for the perfect pair of shoes, try visiting a specialist that will scan your foot and give you an idea of what you need for the proper support.
WHAT TO KEEP IN YOUR GYM BAG
- Have a change of clothes and a towel.
- If your gym has a shower, keep a travel essential kit complete with deodorant and your moisturizer. You can also throw in your makeup bag
- Try to put a plastic zip bag with shower shoes so you keep your feet protected along with a shower cap if you have no time to wash your hair. Include dry shampoo for convenience
- Include a bag to put your gym clothes in and anything else you think you’d need for the rest of your day.