Over the weekend, I got to try Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture that I picked up from CVS I like to give my hair some intensity every few months by using a hair dye that is my natural color. I purchased Jet Black because I like to make my natural hair color more intense and I love the shine it gets.
I’m still growing my hair from postpartum hair loss. This means unruly re-growth and trying to keep the strands I do have healthy is vital to me too! That is why I gave this product a try.
Before I purchased Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture, I wanted to check and see what made it different from the other
- Keratin Color + Moisture is for women of color. It claims to compliment many hair textures. So everyone can use it, especially someone like me who has thick, long, wavy and curly hair.
- It’s created with professional quality formulas that are salon tested & approved.
- Formulated to help protect hair from damage. The K-Bond Plex repairs inner hair structure and coats the hair surface after the coloration process for strong and healthy-looking hair.
After I applied it, I noticed a few things about my hair that I instantly loved:
- The color left my hair feeling nourished and moisturized. I didn’t feel like my hair was dry or straw-like. It did claim to be beneficial for wavy and curly hair types. Because I have a mixture of both, I believe that I was the perfect individual to try it.
- Has an innovative anti-breakage Technology K-Bond Plex protects inner hair structure. It’s perfect for someone like me trying to grow the hair that fell out after pregnancy.
- It did seem to help tame my hair after application. It looks more refined and I’m able to style with a little more ease.
WHERE YOU CAN PURCHASE KERATIN COLOR + MOISTURE
I found it at my local CVS! You can find it where the boxed hair dyes are on the bottom shelf. It stood out from the other’s in the section, so it wasn’t hard to find. I snapped a picture for you so the next time you’re at CVS, you can pick up a box or two for your next coloring!
I also got great news! You can now get Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture for $9.99, plus $5 ExtraBucks Rewards when you spend $20 on Schwarzkopf® products, while supplies last! I picked up two boxes since my hair is thick and long. Two boxes worked perfectly for me if you need a reference.
How To Apply Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture
Before you start, be sure you’re wearing something you don’t mind getting stained. I also like to wear a towel over my shoulders as I work through my hair.
Getting started: Slip on the gloves, included within the instructions. Complete a patch test before applying to the whole head to be sure you aren’t sensitive or allergic to the product.
After you’ve determined that you’re able to move forward – apply the pre-color serum to the ends of your hair as directed in the instructions included in your box. It’s essential to ensure your hair is dry for the product to work correctly. Follow all the directions to keep the process consistent.
Take your applicator bottle pre-measured with the developer inside and mix your hair color. Shake the bottle well. There might be a color change after you’ve mixed both products. Mine turned a dark shade.
Start working the product throughout your hair from root to tip. Massaging and working small sections at a time. By working in smaller sections, you’re able to coat all parts of your hair evenly.
After following the directions, wash your hair using lukewarm water. The box also includes a conditioner to apply after your hair has been completely rinsed out.
Apply the conditioner to
As you can see below, the difference between my hair is excellent. I like how my hair feels hydrated and not dry after coloring. I do find that it’s a beautiful product to use for an
Have you tried Schwarzkopf® Keratin Color + Moisture? If you have, what shade do you use and how does it differ from at home hair color in the past? Leave it below in the comments!