We all want to know what’s inside a bloggers makeup bag because we’re curious if it’s made up of a special combination of drugstore and high end makeup, or If it’s a random selection of cult favorites. I’ve seen a ton of makeup bag videos, I’ve done one myself and it’s so much fun because you get ideas of what to keep with you. I’ll admit, I tend to over pack because I feel like I’m preparing for the worst case scenario however, I have good reason because I never know if my luggage would get lost as I travel or worst, I forget something I really needed.
My makeup bag has all my favorite beauty products but I also make sure I have my top skincare must haves for a flawless base to start with!
MAKEUP BAG ESSENTIALS
- I try to keep some of my favorite skincare products, yes you heard right! Skincare! I depend on my skin to be on its best behavior for a flawless face. If my skin is up to par with my standards, I’m going to have a good makeup day! I keep my Elizabeth Arden Superstart serum along with my Shiseido Ibuki multi solution gel. These have been new products I’ve been trying for the last 4 months but they really do make a difference in my skin texture and overall complexion.
- My favorite foundations are Makeup Forever HD Foundation, LOreal pro matte and the Nars All day luminous weightless foundation. These are probably my all time favorites because they are all medium to full coverage and they don’t look heavy on my skin.
- Bronzer is a must have because I have a round face and I need to narrow it out. I also can’t go without my highlighter so I chose a stick form for both because it’s more convenient for travel and easier to apply if I forgot a makeup brush. Currently, I’m using these new Multi-sticks from memebox that are really good!
- A makeup sponge is an absolute must because you can do so many things for the face. With eyeshadow, I can use my finger tips and eyeliner comes with a brush along with mascara. You need something that can double as a blending miracle and be able to use it for powders. This is why I like makeup sponges over brushes for traveling.
- A good mascara that can curl lashes without a lash curler is from Itcosmetics called Hello Lash mascara that legit, makes my lashes look false. (I’m not playing you…) I have small and thin lashes and this thickens, lengthens and separates. Another great one is from benefit cosmetics called the roller lash.
- Powder is an oily girls best friend! Whenever I need a quick touch up throughout the day, I like to use the Maybelline fit me powder. I use a really good setting spray. The one I have now is the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray – this is key to keeping my face matte all day long! #TakeMeSwimmingIDareYa!
- Glow powders are similar to highlighters but these make you, well… they make you glow! My favorite palette is the highlighting trio from city color cosmetics! It is my Go-to glow powder kit that gives me as little or as much as I want and it also comes in a sunlight trio that holds bronzer and blush.
- We can’t forget lip products so, I’ve been into glossy lips. The Covergirl Oh sugar lip balms are great! They have a variety of colors and my favorite is Taffy!
- If I had to choose blush, I like to go for palettes because they can fit in one place and I have a choice for different shades. Gorgeous Cosmetics has a blush palette that includes a mirror with 8 bendable and smooth blush shades.
- My makeup bag obviously has to be apart of this list because not only is it cute, but it holds so much! I have so many small makeup bags but non of them are this fancy and holds all of my must haves and more in one little bag. Cheers for pretty little things!