Since I’ve been asked a few times how I maintain or do my hair since I workout 6 times a week, I decided to do an in-the-moment workout hair tutorial.
Since I’ve decided to dive into my workouts almost every day, my hair needed to be washed and styled just as much. Instead of doing that because I don’t have much time between work and my daughters, I’ve been wearing my hair in two-style braided hair.
I don’t use this for workout and I have a method to this madness. If you want to see how I’ve been styling my hair after braiding it, click here.
For this tutorial, I kept it easy and straight forward. There are videos that can better describe the braiding process if you have trouble with it. I’ll do my best to walk you through the steps below.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Brush & Comb for parting
- Spray bottle for water (or do it straight out of the shower)
- Your favorite gel (Mine is linked down below)
- Rubber Bands
- Super strong hold Gel for baby hairs
- Soft toothbrush or brush to brush down baby hairs
WORKOUT HAIR TUTORIAL
- Do this straight out of the shower or dampen your hair with a spray bottle. This is the spray bottle I use.
- After dampening the hair, use a brush to ensure tangles are out and part your hair in two sections down the middle.
- Use Garnier’s Curl treat (my go-to favorite product to help keep the texture in-check) and distribute it throughout the hair. It’ll dry and it’s non-flaking.
- Start braiding the hair tilting your head to the side. (Makes it easier) Weave in new pieces of the hair after you’ve wrapped the two outside pieces. Continue until you get to the ends.
- Secure with. a rubber band.
- Work on the other section and do all the same steps.
- Once you’ve braided your two-sections, use a gel (I love using got2b glued) and lay it down using a toothbrush.
I have a video that you can watch If it makes it easier. explaining how to braid isn’t my forte, but I hope it helps!
SHOP THE POST
Can’t see the widget? Shop it directly using this link